nicole taylor’s cherokee rose pound cake,
and she shared her recipe on design sponge.
Cherokee Rose Pound Cake
For the cake:
- 1.5 cups of butter or 3 sticks, (1 tablespoon for bundt pan)
- 1 cup of cream cheese or an 8 ounce package
- 3 cups of granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups of all purpose sifted flour, (4 tablespoons for bundt pan)
- 2 teaspoons of rosewater
For the icing:
- ¼ cup of cooled rosebud tea
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar (icing sugar)
- 1 tablespoon of buttermilk
- Preheat oven to three hundred and twenty five degrees.
- Butter and flour a nine inch bundt pan. Set aside.
- Make tea according to instructions.
- Combine cooled tea, sugar and buttermilk. Set aside.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, cream butter and cream cheese.
- Gradually add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Slowly add eggs; one at a time.
- In stages, incorporate sifted flour in but do not overbeat.
- Put vanilla and rosewater in mixture (the batter will be thick).
- Transfer into pan. Cooking time is around one hour and 30 minutes.
- Use the toothpick method to test doneness.
Let cool in pan and then convert to cooling rack.
- To make the icing, mix all ingredients together until smooth.
- You may have some lumps of powdered sugar
- if you do not sift it before using it (as pictured),
- but that will not affect the taste!
- Pour glaze over cake and garnish with Cherokee Rose (state flower of Georgia).
[ via ]